Friday, April 29, 2011

1st grade Field Trip

I have a Friday night with nowhere to go..yea! Plus, Gracie & I are watching The Royal Wedding. Plus, I have a TON of blogging to catch up on, so......here we go! I won't go necessarily in order, and my NYC blog post(s) are overwhelming to think about, but I want to do it, and tonight is the night to try.

Today, Chris, Ellie, & I went to Oil Ranch to enjoy Katie's field trip. It was really perfect weather for it, and a good time was had by all of us. Well, okay, to be honest, there were some tears from Ellie (and Katie once, too) but whatever! It was fun! I think Chris & I were ready to go by the time they loaded the buses though! I remember riding the bus from Uvalde to the San Antonio Zoo with my 2nd graders for a field trip....and I was happy to not be riding the bus back to the school today. :)

Random pictures from our field trip are below:

Sweet, silly 1st graders (missing 2):

Katie with one of her BFFs

Horseshoes!

This was precious. We came across this bridge which was specified as the "Billy Goats Gruff" bridge, so Katie and Janya (Katie's field trip partner) acted it out. They switched out being the goat & the troll. It was really cute!




always fun to find a playground

always fun to pose on a tractor



mining for gold! ;)


wagon ride...which we never actually got to ride

Picnic lunch









Ellie loves "Golis" as she calls Ms. Margolis


just swingin' on a rope in the barn!

petting & chasing sheep



petting the cow & riding the pony









Katie wore her Spiderman socks the Easter Bunny brought her! :)

Riding the train was the 1st thing we did.

fun day!

Headed back to school!

No comments: