Wednesday, August 22, 2012

VBS: Daniel AND San Diego!

We all enjoyed VBS back in July.  The theme was Daniel, and many people worked really hard to put together the nightly play as well as putting together the curriculum for teaching, etc.  It was a tiring, but fun, week!


More VBS pictures later in the post.  They got out of order, and it'd take way too long to reorganize them.....sorry.


A couple of days after VBS, Grammer (my mom) came to visit because Chris & I were going to San Diego!  He had a work conference, so I tagged along.  It was wonderful!  

I like to take pictures of food...shrimp tacos.  First meal in San Diego.
This sign made me laugh!  Yes, my hubby is a Geogeek...and not ashamed to admit it!  :)
We love San Diego!  This was our 4th (?) time to go because of this same conference.  The weather is just so beautiful!  I do think that perhaps I've lived in Houston a bit too long though because I was COLD a lot while there!  :)

The tall building was our hotel. 
Our location was great!  This is the view from our hotel room, looking at the conference center where the convention was held.
San Diego is BeAuTiFuL!!!!!


We went in this submarine the last time we came. NEVER again.  *shudder*

What a gloriously blue sky!

Getting ready to ride the ferry over to Coronado Island. 
view of San Diego from the ferry
Hotel Del Coronado....amazing.





Love this goofy man!
My view from breakfast one morning!





We stayed right by this area which has lots of great restaurants.
View of San Diego from Coronado Island.  We rode the ferry over one afternoon and caught a cab to the hotel & beach.  I went again by myself one morning and walked to the hotel.  You know the weather was great because it was about a mile!
Such a picturesque view while walking!





Pacific Ocean is COLD.




 Chris & I ate dinner here our last night.







Our view from dinner our last night.





Oh no!  I'm reading by the pool, and he's telling me we have to go to the airport!  :(
 Okay...here are some more VBS pictures...



 Ellie loved getting a picture with the queen!


 Katie loved having a friend come to VBS with her

No comments: