Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thankful



Thanksgiving is coming! Well, we should give thanks everyday but the official "Thanksgiving Holiday" is coming! My parents & grandparents will be here tomorrow laden with food & ingredients to make more food. I just put together 'Baked Spaghetti' for tomorrow night. As soon as it cools, I'll place it in the fridge, next to the thawing turkey, where it will stay until time to stick it in the oven tomorrow. I have 'Pineapple Pumpkin Bread' in the oven right now that we'll use for our breakfasts. I will be attempting fudge later in the day and the list goes on. I'm thankful that Chris is off tomorrow so he can help me with "last minute" cleaning. In honor of this time of year, here are 5 things I'm thankful for today:

~God, for all that He has done for us, all that He does for us daily and all that He will continue to do for us. for His love!

~Jesus, for the same reasons as above. It sounds so small to say simply that but I guess it's hard to put into words all the reasons I'm thankful for them.

~Chris, for the love he shows me daily. I don't think one day ever passes that he doesn't tell me he loves, kisses me, and shows appreciation for what I do. He makes me want to be a better person.

~Gracie, for the sweet heart she has, for the way she "hungers & thirsts" to do the right thing and wants to please us & God. I'm thankful for how loud she sang out the other night when we stayed home from church Sunday night. She'd had a headache so I kept her in and she wanted to do "church" together. We got Chris' songbook that he keeps at home and sang some songs. She sang & sang & sang. I loved it! Her favorite is "Go Tell it on the Mountain."

~Katie, for her enthusiasm for life, for the way she makes us laugh and brings us such joy on a daily basis. I'm thankful for how many times a day she requests that we sing, "Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus Chidren" (Jesus Loves the Little Children)

1 comment:

jettybetty said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all--sounds like you will have lots of excitement (and good food) at your house!

I am thankful for you!