Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ellie's big girl room

Right before Christmas, we bought a bed frame for Ellie's big girl bed. Over the last 2 months or so, I've worked on gathering items for her big girl room and choosing the paint color. I'd had visions of a pretty blue room with sweet little birdies with maybe some red accents. Well, Ellie told me, "I need PINK on my walls!" So, since you're only 2 once, and with her being our last baby, and I know how quickly they grow up and things have been put into perspective for me on how important some things are (and how not important some things are!).......I decided to let her choose her room color!

Gracie's room is also pink, a light pink, so I wanted a bolder pink. I bought the bedding & some cute owls and wanted a pink to match part of one of the owls. We found pretty much an exact match! Chris opted for the lighter pink, but we went with the bolder one instead. It is VERY pink, may not be everyone's 'cup 'o tea,' but I love it! I love being in there and find it to be a happy little room for our 2 year old!

Below, you will find some "Before & After" pictures.


Watching her sister paint....

The dresser was my grandmother's, and is in need of replacement or repair. I'm leaning towards repair.

I love this big "E" that I found at Home Goods in the clearance aisle. Perfect accessory for her room. I also love the owl lamp!

pretty bracelet Melissa gave her when she was born

the dress she wore home from the hospital

My friend, Kym, painted this cornice board when Katie was born, and it traveled from SC to TX with us. I'm so glad Ellie has the perfect size window for it. I'm going to try to add some more blue to the room in other areas since her bedding doesn't have any in it. I'm determined to keep it because it's special to me. I am debating on adding some sort of curtains and plan to add better blinds at some point. The white rocking horse was Katie's on her 1st birthday and is a great toy for Ellie's room. (although Katie likes to point out that it's hers!)
This rocking chair was my grandmother's also. Very special.
Happy girl!

The birthday dolls my parents are collecting for her.

I love this area of her room....little dress up area!

Happy to play dress up!

Just last night, we added the headboard to her bed....sweet!
I hope my little girl enjoys many happy moments in her big girl room! It's not a big room, but it's a sweet little room.

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I LOVE this room- the pink and the owls are perfect!!! :)

Kirat Singh said...

I liked this post very much..I m interior and ur site really helped me. A+ for this nice post. When using college bedding to send your dorm room bedding and gifts you are assured of the highest level of quality and service.