Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How did this happen?

So how is it possible that a simple cup of milk can end up on the floor, on her clothes AND in her hair?!?! Seriously, it's frustrating! She was dressed for Mother's Day Out. All she lacked was her socks & shoes; hair was even done; lunch was packed. I was going to sit and enjoy my breakfast without needing to rush to get her ready-we had about 30 minutes before we needed to go. She asked for a cup of milk. I gave it to her. She asked me if I was going to give her a top but I said no. We've pretty much stopped with the sippy cup and have gone to a regular cup. She generally does well. All of a sudden I heard the unmistakable sound of spilling milk and then I heard her. It was IN HER HAIR! How does that happen? I had told her to go sit at the table. Instead of putting it on the table and then climbing up in the chair, apparently she decided to climb while holding the cup of milk! She said she bumped her head on the chair. So.....I ended up changing her clothes because they were quite wet. The hair I left sticky I will admit. I might have had time to wash it, but it was cutting it close and honestly, I wanted to eat breakfast. I told her teacher not to think I was a bad mom if she noticed the sticky hair. I had put a hat on her also because it's actually quite cold today so when they take that off, her hair's gonna look crazy anyway! *sigh*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gracie got her report card yesterday. We are so proud of our little girl! 100 in Spelling, 100 in Reading, 98 in Math, A in conduct; "S's" in all other areas! I just love the attitude she has about her schoolwork too. She loves doing it! She was struggling a little bit with telling time and money, so she told me so I could help her and she's improved so much! We've been focusing on the money and she has come so far in just a few weeks. She was really struggling with getting it to "click" in her mind....the counting of the coins. She knew how to count by 5's and how to count by 10's and all that but applying it to nickels and dimes was just kind of like a roadblock to her. I always struggled with math so I really felt her frustration. I bought her this money set and she's really enjoyed using it. It helps her immensely to use this "real" money and now she is doing great! I can tell she feels much more confident now. I really think she was just timid about it and not sure and now that she's been successful she is feeling better about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Family Enrichment Night at Gracie's school is the 30th and I've been busy helping to plan it. Our PTA President is so wonderful about doing a lot for most of our activities and one of the teachers will be doing a ton of work for it. I'll be glad when it's over but it's coming along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do kids do anything? I'm to the point I want to put Vitt in a straight jacket when he's dressed for church. Before we get out the door he has something on his outfit!!

You got rid of the sippy cup??? I'm going to be sending Vitt to college with his.

jettybetty said...

I have one way to explain how that happened--she's 2!
Go Gracie--great grades! I would be interested to know how/if you reward her at home for bringing home such good grades.