Friday, July 06, 2012

Ellie's first visit to the dentist!

Ellie had her 1st visit to the dentist-as a patient-a couple of weeks ago.  She did GREAT!!!!!!  She cooperated, and they were able to clean, floss, even take an x-ray (but not the kind where she has to bite down on that horrible piece of plastic...they said her mouth was still too small.)  She has been with us to the dentist many times, and I think that helped a lot just that she was somewhat familiar with the office, although I'm not sure she'd spent much time past the waiting room.  We go to church with one of the dentists & one of the hygienists, but neither of them were there, and she STILL did great!  I was amazed (& thankful!)






She wasn't thrilled with the water & "Mr. Thirsty," but she learned to live with it!  There were NO tears!  :)











One slight concern is that I'd noticed her 2 front teeth appeared a bit gray.  When they x-rayed them, they could tell that apparently there HAD been some sort of trauma to them at some point.  Ellie told me, when she heard me talking about it, that she had fallen in the bathtub, but I don't know if that's it or not.  I would think if she'd experienced a trauma big enough to cause her teeth to become discolored that I would remember it.  Anyway, not a lot to do about it.  She said she may very well lose them early.  Let's hope not TOO early.  Little children with their 2 front teeth missing are really cute, but I'd rather it not last years longer than it usually does before those permanent teeth come in.

Katie & Gracie had great check-ups!  No cavitites.  We've been visiting with the orthodontist for Gracie, and he wants to wait until about February ... and then it'll be BRACES time!  :/  I know it needs to be done, and I don't regret waiting until she's older (it's what the ortho recommended). I know it'll be an interesting time in her life (& an expensive one!) but the end result should be great!  :)  Let's just hope her mouth is ready by February.  I don't want to wait much longer, but her mouth just hasn't been quite ready yet.  We'll see what happens! 

No comments: