Tuesday, September 25, 2007

let it go

I read this today on "that girl's" blog.

I can’t control the decisions that affect my life but I can control my reactions. I can’t make others think of me the way I think they should but I can control the way I present myself to them.
I guess you could say this "spoke" to me. That may sound corny but it did. I think it's so true. There are so many things that I find happening: decisions made at church, rules set at school, soccer schedules, bill payments, etc. that I don't always agree with. Some things are worthy of being "fought" to have changed; I guess I can control some decisions if I'm in such a position to do so. Some just aren't worth fighting. What's the saying: We have to pick our battles?! I think that's true. Some things we just have to accept and try to make the best of it. Not always easy but necessary for sanity-mine anyway.
I also find myself with a selfish attitude, thinking that people don't "get me" or "get Gracie" or "get Chris" or "get Katie." I find myself wanting to "prove" things to people. I need to get over that. We are what we are. Like us or not. I need to just do what I think needs to be done and let happen what will happen and let people think what they want to think. And pray a lot-which I find myself doing more & more of these days!
This post is more ramble than not, but it makes sense to me!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

My problem is that sometimes I can't control how I present myself. Normally in a situation involving my kids when I cry like a baby. So embarrassing! No telling what Chase's teacher thinks about me!!