Thursday, May 06, 2010

37th birthday

I had a wonderful 37th birthday! Chris & the girls treated me very special! The week before my birthday, Chris presented me with an iPhone!!!!!! with a hot pink cover! I wasn't really sure I "wanted" one, but now that I have it, I am truly not sure how I lived without it for so long! LOL It is really fun!

Sunday, after church, we went to Macaroni Grill which was excellent. Very yummy! A little pre-birthday celebration complete with tiramisu which is one of my very favorite desserts!

The day of my birthday didn't go exactly as planned b/c a child was a bit under the weather, but of course........what else is new?! Anyway....

Chris left me a birthday card by the bathroom mirror so I'd get it as soon as I got up. Gracie presented me with this precious bracelet that she made, along with a sweet note that said if I get sad, I can look at the bracelet and remember her. Very sweet. Later in the day, she also gave me some scented hand cleanser she made for me. I believe it consists of water, watermelon soap, & some bath crystals. :)

Katie wrote, and performed, a song for me which was very sweet also!

Before we went out for dinner that night (for the "real" celebration) he gave me another gift....a big body pillow!!!!!!! LOL I had one while I was pregnant and loved it. I accidentally left it in the cabin at our marriage retreat and had been "hinting" that I wanted another one, so he knew I would be happy to get a new one!

We went to dinner at Taste of Texas, a restaurant we really like but have only gone to 3 times in the 2 years we've lived here. It's a bit out of our budget, but for a birthday, we'll splurge! :)

The girls were happy to help me celebrate!

They decorated my dessert with a sparkler which was fun. Gracie enjoyed the chocolate straw that was stuck into the Snickers pie.

the girls posing with a Texas ranger

I'm blessed to have a special family!
I also had a good "mail day" on my birthday, receiving money & a gift card from family & a friend. Fun, fun! I've decided it's really fun to have a birthday on Facebook. I received many birthday wishes there, and it was wonderful!
Today, the office staff at work celebrated 3 May birthdays with a fantastic breakast. It was yummy!!!!!!!!!

No comments: