Tuesday, May 08, 2007

never thought of that!

the scene: driving to school this morning. Gracie, although not taking a BIG standardized test this year at school, is taking a PACT writing test (I think it's called.) She wasn't too stressed about it, but she did mention it. We talked about it and prayed about it.

Mommy: "Now remember, you can say a little prayer before you take your test." (I modeled what she could say.) "You can whisper it or you can say it in your head."

Gracie: "If I whisper it, someone might hear me."

Mommy: "Well, that's okay. If they ask you what you're doing, you can tell them you're praying to God so He can help you on your test. That's one way you can tell them about God."

Gracie: (sounding like a light bulb went off) "I never thought of that!"

We then discussed how she could go on and talk to her friend about God and find out if they know about Him and tell them about church and invite them and especially mention VBS this summer.

There are so many opportunities. I pray that she will recognize them and grasp them!

1 comment:

jettybetty said...

That is so encouraging! God does use 6 year olds!!! I just love Gracie's willing spirit.