Thursday, April 08, 2010

crafts, flu, softball

A friend helped me with a crafty project for Gracie's room that I've been wanting to do for awhile now since I saw something similar at a friend's baby shower. I love how it turned out! She is a scrapbooker, so she has all sorts of fun tools AND ideas! I need to find some good scissors and trim the ends of the ribbon a bit, but other than that, it's done. I love it and now look forward to doing some fun things for Katie's room and Ellie's room, too! They both need to be painted, too. We are eventually going to paint Katie's room the same color green she had in Aiken. I loved it, so I kind of 'prompted' her to agree to it again! :) I'm not sure what we'll paint Ellie's room yet; it won't be until we do her "big girl room," and I'm not ready for that yet!
Poor Ellie is sick again. Flu, this time. :( She has had a cough for about a week and a half, and we'd eventually called her allergist last week about it. He called in a steroid prescription for her, and it did seem that she was getting a bit better. She has struggled with sinus infections over & over (about every 2-3 weeks) since around September. Her nose was running some this time, but it wasn't colored (sorry if that's TMI, but this is my family's journal) so it did seem different. Last night, she was more puny acting and then ended up actually getting sick and running a fever. I didn't take it, but she was really hot. This morning, we took her in to the doctor (Chris was home because HE was sick....ear infection & upper respiratory infection) and the doctor said it appears to be the FLU. :( When she has Motrin, she's happy. When it wears off, the fever goes UP and she goes DOWN. It's really pitiful. Our family has been hit HARD with sickness the past few months; not sure what's going on. I think we need a good disinfecting like they do to the guy on Monsters, Inc. when he comes out of the door with the child's sock on his back! LOL
Here she is tonight sleeping on her daddy.

Katie has her first softball game at 8:00 AM Saturday morning!!!!!! I will be praying that Chris & Ellie both feel well enough to attend. This is history in the making! :)

1 comment:

Cindy Deister said...

SOOO Sorry that Ellie is sick. I hope she feels better quickly!! My prayers are with her and you!