Monday, August 02, 2010

Katie lost her 1st tooth!


My sweet Katie lost her 1st tooth tonight-Monday, August 2, 2010. She is 6 years, 4 months, & 23 days old.

During dinner, she started fussing, saying that it was hurting to eat her pork chop. Chris felt and sure enough, she had a loose tooth! It wasn't too long ago she went to the dentist and they'd told us she didn't have any loose. Katie hadn't mentioned it before tonight either, but it was very loose!

She spent quite a bit of time pushing it around with her tongue, and we knew it wouldn't be long. Teeth, and blood in the mouth, is something I really don't deal with well, so I wanted Chris to do what he could to take care of it tonight. (My kids can throw up on me, and I barely bat an eye, but blood is another story!)

She wanted me to hold her hand, so she layed back with her head in my lap, I held her hand and head, and Chris pulled just a bit and voila! It came out! It was so tiny! We were so proud of her that she didn't pitch a fit or even really cry. Maybe a few tears but no sobbing or anything like that. (When Gracie was in this same situation, it was MAJOR screaming & drama which is typically not her whereas the drama usually IS Katie's thing.) We told Katie that having surgery and starting allergy shots already by the time she lost her 1st tooth is helping with this! She did say, "It hurts more than my allergy shots!" LOL

Here is a picture of when Gracie lost HER 1st tooth. She was 6 years, 4 months, & 16 days old. Wow...how close to Katie's age now! :) It will be interesting to see how old Ellie is when she loses her 1st one.

2 comments:

Cindy Deister said...

Awww! So sweet! I can see how excited she was! Congratulations, Katie!

MB said...

Yay for Katie boo!!!