Thursday, July 28, 2005

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Gracie Madelyn!

Today is my baby's 5th birthday! If you've been reading my blog, you already know some of my feelings regarding her getting older and starting Kindergarten in less than 2 weeks, so I won't go into those right now.

At playgroup today, I realized that she only has 1 playgroup day left because she'll be in full day school after that. Wow! That hit kind of hard because we've been doing playgroup with some of these people since she was less than a year old. I'm so thankful for having Katie so I can continue with this group.

We've already had a full day and it's only 1:30: breakfast with Daddy at IHOP, playgroup (and since I love birthdays I basically ended up doing a party with cupcakes, ice cream, & balloons even though her real birthday party isn't until Sunday afternoon), and we still have our infamous chicken, mashed potato, & broccoli dinner tonight!

Saturday, Grammer & Pappy and Bigmother & Bigdaddy (my parents & grandparents) will come and we'll party with them some more! Then Sunday, we'll have our "tea party" downtown in a cute little shop.

Whew! I'm tired already, but they only turn each age once and I love celebrating!

Thank you God for Gracie (and for Katie too)! They are such joys!


3 comments:

Malia said...

All I can say is, I know. I completely understand your whole world today. I know you're enjoying it and well you should be. I know Gracie is enjoying it, too. And I think Gracie appreciates your love of celebrations even if she may not be able to express it. I got the same feeling from my five year old. We also tend to do birthdays in a big way around here. So, Happy Birthday Gracie!

Bar L. said...

Happy Birthday to Gracie!

elizabeth said...

My little Matthew is starting kindergarten in two weeks as well! I can't believe that this is the end of only having preschoolers! No more picking up and leaving any time I want. I am looking forward to him going though, because I know he will have lots of fun!!