Friday, November 09, 2007

this week

Things from our week:


*Chris & I (along with some others from church) have suffered from a tummy bug since we got back from our church retreat. Some others have suffered from poison ivy or sumac or something like that. We don't know what was going on, but I know one of my friends mentioned calling the person in charge of the camp and having them do a throrough disinfection of the place. Not that that would really help with the poison whatever, but it would probably help with the tummy bug. It's just weird.


*Have I mentioned that I'm pregnant?!?! (hee hee) I really am excited and find myself just smiling about it sometimes. I also find myself going into minor panic mode thinking about how in the world we're going to put the girls both in Gracie's small bedroom, how we're going to put all 3 of them through college, how I'm going to give Gracie enough attention as she starts 3rd grade and I have a newborn..........but then I find myself smiling again and knowing that God will provide and it will all work out. I have 2 other friends at church right now who are pregnant with their 3rd child and they all have 3 bedroom houses and they don't seem stressed. It'll all work out and I'm thrilled to be going through this!


I'm just really excited and still a little bit surprised. I have definitely been feeling the "early pregnancy symptoms." Nausea, extreme fatigue, etc. Late afternoon, early evening seems to be my worst feeling time. I'm having to remind myself to EAT BREAKFAST and to try to eat something substantial because I've had some really icky feeling times late morning and I know it's from not eating a good breakfast.


With both of the girls we have not found out their gender until they arrived. I LOVE the anticipatory feeling of having my water break (which it did on its own with both of them which I also love!) and knowing that "this is it!" and wondering if the baby will be a boy or a girl. We have already had lots of pressure to find out what this one is but we haven't decided. It's just so fun to be surprised. If it's a girl, Katie's room can stay pretty much as is for a nursery. If it's a boy.........it would need to go through a complete transformation. Chris is VERY into sports so it would be something along those lines. Probably vintage baseball with reds, khaki's, & navy blues. For awhile, Gracie was asking me if I wanted a boy or a girl. I kept avoiding the question. Katie said, "Gracie! Let God choose!" She said that because I had told her that myself. God gets to choose-He already has-He just hasn't chosen to reveal it to us yet. I did have a dream last night though........


*Katie had orginally said that it would be a boy named "Van." Then, she changed it to "Vince." We had no idea where she'd gotten the names from. Last night, I was reading a "Little Einstein's" book to her. At the end it showed a painting by Vincent Van Gogh and told the name of the painting. I told Chris that is probably where she got those names from because she watches Little Einstein's a lot! It's such an educational show-I love it! (BTW: Van & Vince are not on the list!)


*Gracie had standardized testing 3 days this week and seemed to do okay with it. I could tell she was a little nervous about it, but we assured her she would do fine. Tomorrow she is going to a "Master Class" for violin. I don't really understand the whole concept because it doesn't really make sense to me that it's free, but it'll be 2 hours where she (and other music students) can go and talk with the instructors and have their questions answered and get tips on their playing, etc. Her lessons are only 1/2 an hour each week so 2 hours is like a month's worth of lessons and it doesn't cost anything! I'm sure there will be lots of other students there so part of it may be listening to other students play. I'm really not sure, but when I asked her she said she'd like to go.


Tomorrow afternoon, we're going to see "Music Man" at the local playhouse. Katie will be staying with a friend. I didn't think she'd like it $16 worth! Gracie is excited because her violin teacher will be playing in the orchestra.


*Chris did the sweetest thing. He told his boss that he was going to change his starting time for work (he usually got there around 7) so that he could take his daughter to school until I got over my morning sickness. Isn't that sweet? Of course, like I said, mornings are usually okay and I go to bed so much earlier that I'm usually not that tired either! I think I'd rather him pick her up in the afternoons, BUT that would be way too early to leave work. I just thought it was so sweet that he did that!


*We had to have some plumbing work done this week. Aagghhh! "Merry Christmas" is all I can say because the money we had to pay will likely come out of our Christmas money we'd saved. Plumbing is just one of those things you have to have!


*Some friends from church are planning a "Progressive Dinner" for around the holidays. Sounds like lots of fun! I offered to help one of the hosts with their portion, but I didn't offer to host. I thought about it, but it's just in a couple of weeks and I didn't see any way I could have my house ready for Christmas by then. This first trimester has pretty much zapped my energy!


*I go to my first doctor's appointment in less than a week. This will be a new doctor-with a new hospital-so I'm anxious to see how it goes.


*I'm sure there's more to say but I need to get up and do something before the afternoon "blahs" hit!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! I hadn't read your blog in a while, and I saw today that you are expecting! Congratulations - that is so exciting! We have 3 bedrooms and have already moved the boys in together and it's working out fine - they love it. We got bunkbeds to save space. It will be fine - more togetherness makes close families, right?
Blessings on you and your baby!
Love, Julie