Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sleepover with Daddy

Friday night was sleepover night in our home! Not a sleepover with friends coming over, but a sleepover with Mommy & Daddy! Gracie wanted one with me, so Katie had one with Chris. Of course, being pregnant, I quickly said that I would not be sleeping on the pull-out couch so Chris & Katie were "lucky" enough to get that bed! Katie doesn't fall asleep quickly, so she actually ended up spending some time with Gracie in our bed until Chris & I were ready to go to sleep. Chris was trying to watch t.v. and that just wasn't working with Katie in the bed with him. Too distracting. So, she fell asleep with Gracie and then he moved her. She thought it was so fun to sleep over with Daddy! I definitely got the better end of the deal because of the better bed and the better bed buddy as Gracie falls asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow and she didn't move too much. Chris said one time he woke up with Katie's feet at his head and her head down at the bottom of the bed! He moved her so he wouldn't kick her.

Gracie got a new jump rope last week for participating in "Jump Rope for Heart" at school. They've done a lot with jump ropes during P.E. this year, and she has been practicing her "cross jump." She worked & worked at it yesterday and was so proud when she finally did it. I think maybe the whole street heard her yell, "I did it, Mama!" Thankfully, I happened to see it when she did it. I tried to get a picture of one of her cross jumps during her practice time. I'm not sure if the picture accurately shows it, but she really did it many times. I love to see her enjoying exercise like that.
I decided to do pig tails on Gracie today. They look so cute-in a goofy, 2nd grade kind of way anyway! LOL She loved them and that's what matters! Of course, Katie didn't want to be left out, so I put pig tails on her too. Talk about goofy looking! I told her to make sure she tells her teachers that she begged me for them! I love having little girls to play with this way!


I'm playing hooky from going to Gracie's school today. I had a 2 hour PTA Board meeting last night and we have another PTA thing tonight and my house really needs to get cleaned up, so I decided to take this time while Katie is at MDO to get some things done. Of course, at the moment I'm blogging, but I will get some things done eventually! It will get clean....if for no other reason than to spite my husband who smirked when I said I was going to clean. He doubts, so I must prove him wrong! He has a doctor's appointment this morning, so he even took Katie Boo to "school" for me. All the more time to clean.........so I must get going!

No comments: