Sunday, June 01, 2008

great weekend

It has been a busy but fun weekend! Chris had off Friday and I decided to get the prerequisite, "right before the baby comes" haircut. It has definitely been cut! It needed it, and I'm slowly getting used to it. I also was able to convince Gracie into getting hers cut. I enjoyed growing it out and putting it up in pony tails, etc., but it was gettin' kinda shaggy, so I was in the mood to have it chopped! She resisted a little, but the next time we washed it and it took waaaay less time to comb out the tangles, I think she was A-OK with it!

We were going to get my TX driver's license, but all of the hair stuff took a little long and we had plans that evening, so I still have that driver's license thing on my agenda for another date. After all the hair stuff, we headed to a friend's house for dinner. Valerie & I were friends at ACU, and she lives here in Houston, so she & her family invited us over. Of course, she lives in Houston and I live in Houston, but we still manage to live 55 miles from each other. HA! That just cracks me up; you can tell I've lived in a small town for a long time! It's still nice to say we both live in Houston!


We enjoyed sitting in their backyard which was surprisingly pleasant weather wise and eating fajitas-yum! Valerie & Greg have 2 girls (ages 5 & 2) whom G & K had fun playing with. They played in the gameroom, on the play fort, and had a great time on the blow-up water slide! Katie even ended up being cold after playing in the water. That was a nice problem to have!


Saturday, we were so excited for our friends, the Bronnimans, to come visit us for an overnight stay! They live near Dallas (about 4 hours) so they decided it was high time for us all to see each other now that we're back in "God's Country" (as Krista refers to Texas!) We hadn't seen Krista & Beau (the 6 year old) since I was pregnant with Katie (Nov. 2003), we'd never seen Briley, and we hadn't seen Bret since I was pregnant with Gracie (June 2000!) I'm not sure the last time we'd seen Blake, but it had been a long time!!!!!!! We were friends with them when we lived in Lubbock back in '95-'97, and Chris & Bret had known each other at ACU also. Bret & Chris have such similar~goofy~personalities that they just "get" each other. They're funny to listen to when they're together. Krista & I love to talk about our kids and we're both teachers, so we have plenty of fun ourselves! We've kept in touch over the years, and it was wonderful to get together and "pick up where we left off." It's so great to have friends like that-the ones that you can go years & years without seeing in person and just pick up like you'd seen each other last week! It's just that somewhere along the way we ended up with 5 (almost 6!) kids whereas we used to have none! Our kids all got along so well! It was like they've always known each other. It was obvious that we parent in similar ways which always makes things nice, too! It was a great-although short-time spent together and we look forward to the next time we can see each other!
This week will bring my mom to Houston to stay until after the baby is born! Friday, Chris & the girls and maybe myself, will be going to the Astros game with some people from church. It's actually "Harding Night." "ACU Night" is the next night, but "Harding Night" was a lot less expensive and people from church were going to that one, so we opted to purchase tickets for that one. I haven't decided yet if I'll go; it'll probably depend on how I feel and how hot it is, etc. My feet are swollen again tonight and my legs are hurting and I'm just tired.....you know, all that late pregnancy stuff! It's getting closer and I'm excited & ready!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Jacinda! This is Heather (Valerie's older sister). Your little family is precious, and the blog looks great. I hope you enjoy living in Houston and am glad that you & Valerie will get to spend more time together. Bret's older brother Bart was Russell's best friend & roommate in college, and he was best man in our wedding back in 1991. Small world, isn't it? Take care, and am looking forward to reading about the new baby when she arrives!

Jenna said...

I love the Bronnimans. I have known both Bret and Krista for years and years - long before they even knew each other. They are such great people!

I think your haircut looks great. You look great too!! Hope the last few weeks go by easily!!

TMK said...

LOVE the haircut! You look GREAT! I can't wait to meet your new little one.

Miss Hope said...

Girl, when I moved to Southern Georgia? I started cutting the hair. Hair and humidity don't mix well at all. Whew.

Your hair looks fabulous and I'm checking constantly for baby news!

Hang in there! I remember when we were both doing our best to "hang on" waiting on Katie and Vitt to get here. Wow...it's been 4 years already.

Praying for you!

Krista said...

Okay, so did you notice how long it took me to update my blog?? =) How am I going to do Facebook when I can't even keep up with my blog?! Just when I think I've gotten it up-to-date, I fall behind by several weeks! =) Hey, we enjoyed the weekend! Hang in there, girl . . . you're almost there!!! =)

SG said...

WOO HOO! You're getting so close and looking good! Sounds like you have things under cintrol. So glad your Mama will be there shortly to help take care of you and yours! :)

Meredith said...

Love the haircut! It looks fabulous!!!

elizabeth said...

Your hair looks great! We will be in Houston next Saturday and Sunday. Maybe we could meet? That is, unless you haven't had your sweetie pie!