Thursday, January 10, 2008

another tooth bites the dust

Gracie lost another tooth tonight. It is her first top tooth to lose! It was traumatic for all of us. Chris was pulling, Gracie was yelling, I was grimacing, and Katie was crying because she said Gracie was scaring her! I bet they worked on it for over an hour and Gracie was very upset most of that time. It'd been loose forever and needed to come out; it was just being very stubborn! There is at least 1 more loose (the one right next to it!) but her daddy gave her a reprieve for the rest of the night.

Gracie stayed home from school yesterday because she wasn't feeling well. She had a headache and just didn't feel like going to school which is a sure sign of not feeling well since she always wants to go to school! She seemed to be much better today so we sent her on, but they called me by 9:00 saying she was in the office complaining of a headache and had around a 99 fever. I decided to just go up there and give her some medicine and see if that would help. She wanted to stay at school, so I let her stay.

Poor thing, having headaches isn't all that uncommon for her. Worries me sometimes. It's not like she has them all the time, but she'll go through "phases" where for she'll complain about them for a few days in a row. It is time to get her eyes checked again which could be part of the problem. She did have a couple of other complaints too though so I'm not sure if that's it or not. Mrs. Z wrote in her agenda that she had complained (of a headache) a little after lunch and then she also emailed and said that she looked pretty pale by the end of the day. She seemed to feel fine by the time I picked her up and has seemed good this evening. She worked on her homework eagerly as usual (and even had more since she was absent yesterday.) I'll have to see how she is in the morning, but she seems fine now.

Funny Katie story: yesterday, she brought some workbooks over to us and said, "Who can teach me?" Gracie said she would and proceeded to be the teacher. She was pointing at things and asking what it started with, for example: rooster. I'm thinking, "I'll help a little bit." I said, "What does rooster say at the beginning?," emphasizing the beginning of the word as I would say it (the "r" sound.) Katie energetically said, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" Well, she was right! A rooster does say cock-a-doodle-doo! I asked the question wrong apparently!

Only 1 week to go before we go find out if Gracie & Katie are going to have a baby brother or a baby sister!!!!!!!!!! I'll be just over 16 weeks. Part of this pregnancy seems to be taking forever, but part of me can't believe that I'm already 15 weeks!

1 comment:

jettybetty said...

I can hardly wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy!
How are you feeling? You sound pretty perky!