Thursday, March 23, 2006

prayer request

My brother, who lives in Nashville, sent me a prayer request this morning about this story.
Here is what he had to say about it.

Wednesday night, former Bellevue youth minister and friend to Beth and I, Matt Winkler was found murdered in his home when he did not show up at church for the evening services. There is a state wide amber alert out for his wife Mary and their three little precious girls ages 8, 6 and 1. They have not been seen since Tuesday evening. We worked with Matt with the youth at church and considered him a friend even though we had only since them once in the last year. He was a minister now at 4th Avenue Church of Christ in Selmer, TN.
Please keep this family in your prayers.
This is so sad. Please remember them in prayer today.

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

Jacinda,
This is so sad--I read the online article from the Memphis paper. I do pray they find the mom and girls--and for comfort for the family--what a tragedy.

Deana Nall said...

I just read (Thurs. 9:45 p.m.) that the mom and girls have been found safe and the wife is being questioned.