Friday, March 31, 2006

free book~yea!


Gracie had her Spring party today at school. It was fun for all! We got to help her table make their little bunnies and helped pass out cupcakes, etc. The children we worked with at her table are all lots of fun & really sweet. What did katie do? She played with the kitchen, just like at the Winter party. It kept her quiet and happy which is a good thing!

Chris grilled pork chops tonight, so the girls played out in the backyard while he was doing that. Poor katie, look at her hair! I'm trying to decide what to do with it. let it grow to 1 length or cut some bangs and bob it off more? I saw a little girl at a local restaurant last week with the most precious haircut that I would love for katie to have. the problem is that I don't know how to explain it to Nicole, the girl who cuts our hair. I'm hoping to see her around town (it's not too big of a town) and ask permission to take a picture with my phone. I don't exactly know how to do that, but I guess I could figure it out.

I forgot to mention that I got an email from Meredith Efken the other day. After she had commented on the previous post when I talked about her book, sahm I Am, I had shamelessly hinted that I should get a free copy of her new book that is coming out in November, @Home For the Holidays. She replied with this
In appreciation for calling me a "celebrity" or at
least almost a celebrity, I will be very happy to send you a copy of the
sequel to SAHM. Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE! :) But you have to promise
to rant and rave about the book to everyone you meet, okay?
I'm very excited about the complimentary copy I will be receiving and consider it ranted & raved about already! The first one was so enjoyable, so I'm sure the next one will be as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to the world, baby jay! My cousin and his wife, jon & Laura, had their little bundle of joy this week. What does that make him to my children? First cousin, once removed? Second cousin? I've never understood that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next week is Gracie's Spring Break. She is excited because we are going to the zoo with a friend of hers. I hope to find other fun things to do as well. I look forward to having her home all week! I had thought about driving to see my grandparents but chickened out because of the 7 hour drive I'd have to do by myself with the girls. I plan to go visit them this summer and take my mom along. I'd like Chris to go, but I'm not sure how much time he could take and I don't want to rush it too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris & Gracie were watching Annie together tonight, but both of them have just left for bed. Chris went to a late movie last night with some friends and got home around 1. Us old folks can't stay up that late anymore without it affecting us! lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for any typos as far as things not being capitalized. Our computer keyboard isn't behaving.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a fun evening outside!

Your cousin's child is your cousin once removed. Your cousin's children and your children are second cousins. If you think of it kinda like an organizational chart it makes more sense.

Malia said...

That's how I understand it too, Jenni.

Welcome Baby Jay!

jettybetty said...

How fun she's sending you a free book--I expect an unbiased review ;-)!

What a cool name for a baby ;-)! Welcome baby Jay! I never understood that cousin stuff--so I'm glad Jenni and Malia could explain it. We just call them all cuz--wherever they fall in the line up.

Hope you have a fun spring break--I am guessing you will find tons of fun things to do!